Rocks In My Dryer

By Jaisey
So I was surfing the net, catching some waves when I decided to visit one of my favorite blogs, Rocks in My Dryer. One of the first posts that I came across she was talking about her latest experience to a furniture store. When they were there, her potty-training-in-process child had tinkled on a sofa while they were out furniture shopping. Of course, it was not the sofa that they were thinking about buying, but a more expensive one. Her husband did the honest thing and bought the sofa. I really hope that if I am ever in that situation, I would do the same thing. But having not been there yet, I don’t know. There is that part of me that would just want to throw a pillow over it and leave the store. Quickly. And then, of course, all that I could think of is how when we go bed shopping this weekend, that that is going to be my son. I’m sure of it. And not only will he pee on something, I’m pretty sure that he will make sure that it is the most expensive thing in the store. I might just throw a pillow over it and die. As far as potty training is going around here, we are actually doing pretty good with it. Adin has only taken the baby’s diaper off once since my last post and luckily I caught it before there was any mess. If only I could be that lucky all the time.
 

2 comments so far.

  1. TOY November 20, 2007 at 10:38 PM
    potty trainer is complicated. with my first child it took a year. he just wasn't intersted at all. The the other boys it was easy. I just have my 1 year old who is being potty trained as we speak. This is the good old days.
  2. Julie P.Q. November 23, 2007 at 7:57 PM
    I wonder if they Scotch-guard the sofas in the store? I mean, if somebody spills a soda, they just wipe it down, right? I guess the first thing I would do is notify the manager of the store. Maybe you'd have to purchase the item, but if not, and it was me, that would make me a lifelong store shopper there. They'd get my business and hopefully in the long run make more money than the stain took away...

Something to say?