“Look mommy, it a penis!”

By Jaisey
Having children around you can be quite humorous. We were in the kitchen making gingerbread cookies last week and of course I had my boys sitting on the counter all up in the cookie dough helping me. Well my three year old has his little ball of dough, which he rolls in between his hands, making a cylindrical looking thing. He holds it up to me and says, “Look mommy, it a penis!” Oh my. I almost fell over I was laughing so hard. I had to compose myself and look at him and tell him that we do not make penises out of cookie dough. He said ok and moved on. Not two minuets later, he goes, “Look mommy, it a another penis. And it’s big!” I almost died laughing. Once again I tell him that we do NOT make penises out of cookie dough. So I was a little grateful with what happened next.
Adin: “Look mommy, what’s this?”
Me: “I don’t know. What is it?”
Adin: “It a elephant!”
Me: “Oooh, that’s cool. What a nice elephant.”
Adin: “Yes, it a elephant. ‘Cuz we don’t make penises out of cookies mommy. It just not right. Silly mommy.”
The good thing is he seemed to have gotten it through his little head that we do not make body parts out of food. Because last night when he was helping me make tortillas, he once again reiterated to me that we don’t make penises because, “It just not right silly mommy.” Silly me, what was I thinking?
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?