My name is MOM

By Jaisey
I also answer to Mama, Mommy, Ma, Lady that gave birth to me, and a few others. What I do NOT answer to is Daddy. Yea, try telling the 20 month old that. He refuses to call me mom. It is always "daddy, daddy" oh and today, he even called me Nana.
So this is what I would like to say to Arin:

"I carried you for 41 weeks and 3 days, I delivered your little punk butt with no epidural, I breastfed you exclusively for the first 8 months of your life and then continued on until you were 14 months old. I am home with you all day long. I kiss the bad ow’s and boo-boos. I change your butt. I tuck you in at night and say your prayers with you. I could go on and on. But look child, all I am asking is for a little consideration. Just a tad. I know that you a capable of saying Mommy. You have let it slip every now and then and if we tell you to say mommy or momma, you will. But why is it that every time you look at me, you call me Daddy? I just wanted to let you know that while I love you to bits and bits, I'd like a little of that in return. I'd like to walk in the door and you look up and yell, ‘Mommy's home!’ When I pick you up over the baby gate, how about a ‘thanks Mom’ instead of ‘thanks Daddy.’ Could you do that for me please? Thanks a bunch.”

*Now don't get me wrong, Daddy is a great guy and he helps out a ton around here. I just want my baby to call me by my name, not his.
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Julie P.Q. December 5, 2007 at 2:20 PM
    Hm...this is an interesting one. Your younger son definitely has a thing for his dad. Does your older one favor you? I wonder if the boys are naturally choosing sides so that there is a "favortism" balance across the brothers. That way, they're not fighting as much for individual resources? I'm thinking evolutionarily here...I wonder if there is any scientific rationale to back it up?
  2. Erin M December 6, 2007 at 3:23 PM
    My brother when he was little called my dad Tom because he was coping what my mom was calling my dad. My mom than had to start calling my dad "dad" until my brother picked up thats what he was supposed to say, after that my mom could go back to calling him Tom. Maybe if you husband called you "mom" your son would emulate him and he would learn your name.
  3. Anonymous December 7, 2007 at 6:23 PM
    So Funny! LOL! You know-- when I had Ashley her first word was "DADA." Keep in mind, her dad was nowhere to be found! He skipped town when I got pregnant. Soooooo.... definitely don't take it personal, honey! THAT BOY knows who you are!! YOU ARE THE BEST MOM!!!!

Something to say?